tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Bj <bjk...@free.fr>
Subject Re: tomcat oracle jdbc pooling
Date Mon, 11 Oct 2004 16:29:49 GMT
hi,

I'm using simple OracleDatasource and I want to activate
OracleDataSource.setMaxStatements() and
OracleDataSource.setImplicitCachingEnabled() through tomcat server.xml
or application web.xml.

For tomcat 5.0.19, when I add parameters in web.xml or server.xml it
doesn't work.

I've tried in web/xml :
<context-param>
     <param-name>implicitCachingEnabled</param-name>
     <param-value>true</param-value>
</context-param>
<context-param>
     <param-name>maxStatements</param-name>
     <param-value>8</param-value>
</context-param>

In server.xml I've tried :
<parameter>
	<name>implicitCachingEnabled</name>
	<value>true</value>
</parameter>

I'm not sure that it's possible to do this but it could be great.

Bj