tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Hassan Schroeder <>
Subject Re: Undefined hosts being directed to localhost
Date Mon, 11 Oct 2004 15:51:02 GMT
Robert Hunt wrote:

> Okay, I should have remembered about the defaultHost attr of the
> <Engine/> node. (duh Rob!)
> However, I'd like to redirect/stop spurious requests that have nothing
> to do with my hosts; I've gotten a couple requests with ""
> as the requested host.  Anyone already got a (or cleverly configured an
> existing) <Valve/> class to do so?

? If a request for "" is really being sent to your IP
address, either someone's using a bad nameserver or it's some kind
of attempted exploit.

Is your concern related to the latter?

Webtuitive Design ===  (+1) 408-938-0567   ===

                           dream.  code.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message