tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Michiel Toneman <>
Subject Re: euro sign tomcat 4 -> 5
Date Mon, 11 Oct 2004 13:07:57 GMT
IIRC you need 8859-15 for the EURO symbol if you are using the 8859
family of encodings. Better would be to use UTF-8. I'm guessing you were
using UTF-8 before?

Dale, Matt wrote:

>Sounds like your character set is set to 8859-1 instead of 8859-2. I'm not sure how or
where to change this though.
when i try to write it from a servlet :
>it appears as ? instead of €, certainly charset problem.
>Is there any change made to tomcat 5 wich could explain this problem?
>(It works perfectly with Tomcat 4.1.24)
>Xavier Frisaye
>Any opinions expressed in this E-mail may be those of the individual and not necessarily
the company. This E-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and solely for
the use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible
for delivering to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this E-mail in
error and that any use or copying is strictly prohibited. If you have received this E-mail
in error please notify the beCogent postmaster at
>Unless expressly stated, opinions in this email are those of the individual sender and
not beCogent Ltd. You must take full responsibility for virus checking this email and any
>Please note that the content of this email or any of its attachments may contain data
that falls within the scope of the Data Protection Acts and that you must ensure that any
handling or processing of such data by you is fully compliant with the terms and provisions
of the Data Protection Act 1984 and 1998.
>To unsubscribe, e-mail:
>For additional commands, e-mail:

Michiel Toneman  Software Engineer   Bibit Global Payment Services
Regulierenring 10  3981 LB  Bunnik
Tel. +31-30-6595168  Fax +31-30-6564464

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: