tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Paul Taylor <paul_t...@fastmail.fm>
Subject Re: using the Standard jdk 1.4 logging with Tomcat 5
Date Thu, 07 Oct 2004 16:26:47 GMT
Did you specify your own formatter in your properties file ?

Ive changed my code from

com.appserver.util.logging.LogProperties.setLevelFromParametersFromPrefs();
System.getProperties().setProperty("java.util.logging.config.class", "com.appserver.util.logging.LogProperties");
LogManager.getLogManager().readConfiguration();

com.appserver.util.logging.LogProperties.setLevelFromParametersFromPrefs();
LogManager.getLogManager().readConfiguration(com.appserver.util.logging.LogProperties.getPropertiesAsStream());

Now I dont get any errors and only messages for the LEVEL is set to the
value I specify in my LogProperties class are displayed. However I also
specify a Formatter to use for console output but Tomcat just seems to
ignore it and uses its own default formatter.