tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kent Tong <>
Subject Re: Classes are reloaded automatically even when reloadable is not set
Date Wed, 06 Oct 2004 02:27:07 GMT
From: "Shapira, Yoav" <>

> Does your webapp have a web.xml?  Where are HelloServlet and Biz
> located?

Sorry that I can't seem to reproduce this. Maybe it was
indeed marked as reloadable in server.xml but later I
deleted the context and created a new one in its own
.xml file.

> This is an aside, and irrelevant to this thread, but you shouldn't
> close the writer.  Other things (response wrappers, filters) might
> want to do stuff that depends on the writer.  A good rule of thumb is
> if you didn't create it, don't terminate it: you didn't create or
> open the writer, so
 > don't close it.

Thanks for the tip!

Kent Tong, Msc, MCSE, SCJP, CCSA, Delphi Certified
Manager of IT Dept, CPTTM
Authorized training for Borland, Cisco, Microsoft, Oracle, RedFlag & RedHat

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message