tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kent Tong <k...@cpttm.org.mo>
Subject Classes are reloaded automatically even when reloadable is not set
Date Tue, 05 Oct 2004 03:41:16 GMT
Hi,

I'm using Tomcat 5.0.28 on Win98. I've created a very
simple web app consists of just two java files:

public class HelloServlet extends HttpServlet {
	protected void doGet(
		HttpServletRequest request,
		HttpServletResponse response)
		throws ServletException, IOException {
		PrintWriter writer = response.getWriter();
		writer.println(Biz.getMsg());
		writer.close();
	}
}

public class Biz {
	public static String getMsg(){
		return "Hello4!!!!!";
	}
}

The context is NOT marked as reloadable. But if I change
the string returned by getMsg eg:

public class Biz {
	public static String getMsg(){
		return "Hello5!!!!!";
	}
}

and then reload the page in a browser, the updated message
is displayed. Any idea why this is happening?

Thanks!

--
Kent Tong, Msc, MCSE, SCJP, CCSA, Delphi Certified
Manager of IT Dept, CPTTM