tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Fran├žois Richard <frich...@sofice.fr>
Subject error-page exception-type
Date Mon, 04 Oct 2004 12:52:52 GMT
Hi,
I'm blocked since this morning with an annoying problem on Tomcat (5.27
and 5.28). Impossible to redirect users with the error-page tag on jsp
and html files. I'm using that on the web.xml :
    <error-page>

<exception-type>com.sofice.commun.securite.DroitsException</exception-type>
        <location>/pagesError/droits.jsp</location>
    </error-page>

The jsp are well-compiled but the broswer display an error message (HTTP
500). The start of the DroitsException (jsp, servlet ...) is unimportant
the problem is the same.
Notice that the redirection works fine with servlet and 'directory
listing' :
    <error-page>

<exception-type>com.sofice.commun.securite.DroitsException</exception-type>
        <location>/servlet/test</location>
    </error-page>
    <error-page>

<exception-type>com.sofice.commun.securite.DroitsException</exception-type>
        <location>/pagesError/</location>
    </error-page>

Many thanks for your answer.