tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Christopher Watson <c.wat...@zen.co.uk>
Subject Re: tomcat 5.x windows installer
Date Sat, 02 Oct 2004 11:33:39 GMT
Shapira, Yoav wrote:

OK I had a fleeting success by re installing jdk1.5.0 and tomcat 5.0.28
to their default directories. The installer went passed the jvm freeze
point all the way to completion.

Intoxicated by my success I turned my firewall back on and ran the
uninstaller. The firewall prompted me to enroll the uinstaller which I
did and then it failed at the jvm so I had to abandon it. I now cannot
either remove or reinstall it using the .exe .

Is there any way of telling what is happing at the stage where the jvm
is invoked?

The zip is just fine ! But...

My reason for preferring the installer over the zip is that - when it
works - I can do a faily painless upgrade by uninstalling leaving the
webapps etc alone and reinstalling an upgrade version to the same
directory. This is not so easy using the zip distribution.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Christopher