tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Simon Kelly" <simon.ke...@talgentra.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat 4.1.30 not shutting down correctly
Date Wed, 27 Oct 2004 16:14:03 GMT
Thanks Yoav,

That was a great help.  Do you know how I would be able to track down
the offending thread classes??

Kind regards

Slim

-----Original Message-----
From: Shapira, Yoav [mailto:Yoav.Shapira@mpi.com]
Sent: 27 October 2004 16:49
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Tomcat 4.1.30 not shutting down correctly

Hi,

>tc 1.3 was ment to read tomcat 3.3.2.

Ahh, OK.  I've never used 3.x so I can't help much there.

>But if you know what would cause to Tomcat window to persist after
>shutdown, I'd be interested in knowing your views.

Non-daemon threads spawned by your app (or a library used by your app)
and not terminated properly on webapp shutdown would do this.  It's
fairly common.

Yoav

######################################################################################

This email from Talgentra is intended only for the personal use of the
recipient(s) named above. The email and any files transmitted with it are confidential to
the intended recipient(s) and may be legally privileged or contain proprietary and private
information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not review, copy or distribute
this message. If received in error, please notify the sender and delete the message from your
system.

Any views or opinions expressed in this email and any files transmitted with it are those
of the author only and may not necessarily reflect the views of Talgentra and it does not
create any legally binding rights or obligations whatsoever. Unless otherwise pre-agreed by
exchange of hard copy documents signed by duly authorised representatives, contracts may not
be concluded on behalf of Talgentra by email.

Please note that neither Talgentra nor the sender accepts any responsibility for any viruses
and it is your responsibility to scan the email and the attachments (if any). All email received
and sent by Talgentra may be monitored to protect the business interests of Talgentra.