tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Simon Kelly" <simon.ke...@talgentra.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat 4.1.30 not shutting down correctly
Date Wed, 27 Oct 2004 15:34:51 GMT
Hi Yoav,

I have tried disabling the connector, which has stopped the error
showing up.  However the Tomcat window is staying up after shutdown has
finished.

tc 1.3 was ment to read tomcat 3.3.2.

The problem of the screen not diapearing still persists.  i am about to
test it with Tomcat 5.0.28 to see if this is just a quirk with 4.1.30.
But if you know what would cause to Tomcat window to persist after
shutdown, I'd be interested in knowing your views.

Cheers

Slim

-----Original Message-----
From: Shapira, Yoav [mailto:Yoav.Shapira@mpi.com]
Sent: 27 October 2004 15:57
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Tomcat 4.1.30 not shutting down correctly

Hi,

>It's standalone that I am seeing the problem.  I don't use tomcat
>anything but.

OK, then disable (comment out) the connector on port 8009 and retry.
Make sure to kill the JVM process between retries so that each test is
accurate.

>Good question.  There are multiple threads in  operation in the webapp,
>but I don't get this problem with tc 1.3.

I'm not sure what TC 1.3 is.  However, to get a list of threads in the
webapp, send the JVM process a SIGQUIT.

Yoav

######################################################################################

This email from Talgentra is intended only for the personal use of the
recipient(s) named above. The email and any files transmitted with it are confidential to
the intended recipient(s) and may be legally privileged or contain proprietary and private
information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not review, copy or distribute
this message. If received in error, please notify the sender and delete the message from your
system.

Any views or opinions expressed in this email and any files transmitted with it are those
of the author only and may not necessarily reflect the views of Talgentra and it does not
create any legally binding rights or obligations whatsoever. Unless otherwise pre-agreed by
exchange of hard copy documents signed by duly authorised representatives, contracts may not
be concluded on behalf of Talgentra by email.

Please note that neither Talgentra nor the sender accepts any responsibility for any viruses
and it is your responsibility to scan the email and the attachments (if any). All email received
and sent by Talgentra may be monitored to protect the business interests of Talgentra.