tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Peter Lin <wool...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat in a High Traffic Environment
Date Fri, 29 Oct 2004 15:53:24 GMT
mladen makes a good point. the sites I've worked on, we left the
keepalive up to the browser and didn't explicitly disable keepalive.
the sites I've worked on we simply used hardware load balancer to make
sure the session goes to the right server.

that is usually enough from my experience. my bias perspective is,
unless the users are sending requests very rapidly, I don't see much
benefit to using keepalive. If the interval between requests is rather
long, like minutes, I doubt keepalive would provide any measurable
benefit.

I would look at the statistics from the http logs to determine whether
keepalive should be disabled or not.

peter