tomcat-users mailing list archives

From QM <qm...@brandxdev.net>
Subject Re: Where do UnavailableExceptions get reported?
Date Fri, 22 Oct 2004 23:27:33 GMT
On Fri, Oct 22, 2004 at 06:44:07PM -0400, chris@subtlety.com wrote:
: Finally, I changed my init
: method to throw an "UnavailableException" if a configuration variable wasn't
: specified.
:    Now, obviously, I get an "The requested resource (Servlet hemlock is not
: available) is not available" error.  But the message I specified in the
: exception I threw does not show up -- not in the logs, not when I reload the
: servlet in the manager, not on the page when I try to run the servlet.  I
: searched all the available files in the Apache install directory, and it's not
: in any of them.

What about the logfiles in the Tomcat directory, instead of the Apache
directory?  Look for files along the lines of

	catalina.out
	tomcat-*.log

etc.

-QM