tomcat-users mailing list archives

From bla...@vmunix.com
Subject Unknown errors when running tomcat via apache/jk2
Date Fri, 22 Oct 2004 21:39:08 GMT

I have been running tomcat behind Apache 2 and the jk2 binary for RedHat.  We noticed
in the apache access log that we were sending a lot of "500" responses back to
requests for a supported URL.  When we stopped apache and sent all of the
requests directly to the Coyote HTTP connector, all responses were successful (200).

We would really like to use Apache on the front end - can anyone recommend some
logging settings within Apache/Tomcat in order to find out which requests are
returning with a server error?  I have enabled the tomcat access log but
that doesn't really tell me much.

Thanks for any assistance.

-Blaine