tomcat-users mailing list archives

From QM <qm...@brandxdev.net>
Subject Re: mod_jk2 Ready/Recommended For Production?
Date Wed, 13 Oct 2004 02:20:25 GMT
On Tue, Oct 12, 2004 at 10:07:34PM -0400, Mike Millson wrote:
: The Tomcat FAQ page still says that "mod_jk is great and should be used
: for production" and mod_jk2 "may not be production worthy for everyone."
:  [snip]
: Is this still accurate, or is mod_jk2 now ready/recommended for
: production?

Depends on who you ask.  Reviewing the list archives, you'll see a fair
number of problems with jk2.  Some are related to pilot error, but a few
issues stem from jk2 and APR (a required library) both being in flux.

Then again, several people on the list have reported having no jk2
problems whatsoever.  Knock on wood, I haven't seen any jk2 problems
recently.

Your decision will likely come down to:
1/ whether you want to take a crack at building jk2 yourself
2/ finding features you want that are in jk2 but not jk

As I don't use jk2, I can't offer much help for #2.

-QM

--

software  -- http://www.brandxdev.net
tech news -- http://www.RoarNetworX.com