tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mark van Wyk" <m...@radbug.com>
Subject RE: Age Old Question of Wildcards
Date Thu, 07 Oct 2004 16:51:48 GMT
Hi Yoav,

I certainly do mean the <alias/> directive within <host/>. Please put a good
word in for me.

Thanks,

Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: Shapira, Yoav [mailto:Yoav.Shapira@mpi.com]
Sent: 07 October 2004 02:15 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Age Old Question of Wildcards

Hi,

>2. I've seen folk rewrite PrefixMapper.java and rewrite bits of Tomcat
>take care of this. Is this a recommended approach?

It's usually not recommended to customize the server unless you really
have to.  Nonetheless, we try to make it easy to customize and extend,
and this is an advantage of Tomcat over most other servers.

>3. If there are any Tomcat developers out there, do you think that a
>version
>of Tomcat that supports wildcards in server.xml may come out soon?

You can rest assured of a couple of things in this area:
- Many, if not most, Tomcat developers are on this list.
- If any one Tomcat developer thought this was an urgent or
high-priority issue, it'd be getting attention.

Beyond that, you need to be a bit more specific about where you want
wildcard.  I assume from the first part of your post (not quoted above)
that you mean the Alias directive on the Host, which is documented at
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/config/host.html#Host%20
Name%20Aliases.

If you're talking about another field or attribute, which one(s)?

Yoav

sender.  Thank you.

---