tomcat-users mailing list archives

Subject Re: Multiple arguments in a GET URL
Date Fri, 01 Oct 2004 23:58:41 GMT
On Fri, Oct 01, 2004 at 05:10:22PM -0400, wrote:
> it sees "hello" as expected

	Oh, I bet I know what you're doing.  In index.jsp you're probably using
the value of mainFrame directly as the url to load in the frame.  But the
value of the mainFrame arg is "blahblah.jsp?arg1=hello", not just plain
"blahblah.jsp".  That's why you can get arg1.  arg2 is just another
parameter being passed to index.jsp.
	You need to either escape those &'s so the whole thing after
mainFrame= is the value of mainFrame, or index.jsp needs to explicitly
append any of _it's_ args (i.e. mainFrame and arg2) to the frame url.
(or rather, any that you think should be passed on)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message