tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Allen Holub <al...@holub.com>
Subject How to deploy/redeploy when context.xml present
Date Sat, 30 Oct 2004 17:28:59 GMT
Hi,

Based on earlier discussions, I've opted to go with .war deployment. I
find that my META-INF/context.xml file is not read all the time,
however. (It seems to work when I do a remote deploy through the
webadmin app, but not when I copy to the webapps directory. Often
when I try to redeploy, I get the old rather than new behavior.) I
imagine that this is all operator error, so I'd very much appreciate
someone pointing me to step-by-step directions for deploying, removing,
and redeploying a war-based webapp that contains META-INF/context.xml.

Thanks.