tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Shawn Church <sh...@boxity.com>
Subject RE: Servlet gateway to legacy cgi application
Date Thu, 28 Oct 2004 14:08:51 GMT
Steve,

I've developed servlet-based webapps for several years, I've written
servlet filters and implemented many various types of authentication
mechanisms, and I've also done request forwarding within an
application.  I was hoping to implement something similar to request
forwarding, but according to Sun, "Requests may be forwarded only to
components within the same application context root, never between
applications."  I have to think however that there must be a way to
accomplish this.

This need has never arisen for me either, so I would not be surprised
to find there may be something within the servlet API or within the
Tomcat container itself which with I am not familiar.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Shawn