tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Robert Bateman <bobbate...@sequoiallc.com>
Subject RE: multiple tomcat instance and log4j
Date Wed, 13 Oct 2004 15:40:16 GMT
Simon,

I use a mix of *nix and Windows here.  I've found that using copy with
the (+) option does a pretty nice job of concatenating log files. *nix
has tools for that natively.

As for sorting, Windows has a 'sort' module that can sort pretty good
sized input files.  You have to pass the unsorted file as redirected
input and capture the output the same way - I've built several batch
files that do this for various clients.

Of course, once you have a "merged" and sorted log file, any log
processor should analyze it.

Hope this helps.

Bob