tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Stephen Charles Huey" <stephenh...@fastmail.fm>
Subject Re: type in twice for basic authentication???
Date Fri, 01 Oct 2004 22:37:58 GMT
Yeah, I need some major help on this to figure out what's going on!  We
have a Windows version and a Linux version of the database.  I just
changed my DSN over to the Linux one, and now it pops up 4 times!!!  No,
wait...sometimes it still logs you in just after 2 times, and sometimes
it takes as many as 6!  Also, sometimes when browsing the site, it makes
you log in again in places where it didn't used to.

You see, we have a main database that drives our web app, but we've been
using a MySQL db to authenticate, and we'd like to get rid of that so we
can just deal with one database.  However, our main database is behaving
strangely.  Now, when clicking over to some of the other JSPs in the
site, it will pop up and ask for the username and password in places it
didn't used to do that (and no, it shouldn't be changing contexts or
anything like that).

----- Original message -----
From: "Stephen Charles Huey" <stephenhuey@fastmail.fm>
To: "Tomcat User" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2004 17:10:32 -0500
Subject: type in twice for basic authentication???

When my web app pops up a basic authentication box, I type in the
username and password, and then it bounces back with blank text boxes
asking for it again.  Every time when I type them in a second time it
then lets me in!  What's going on?  Here's what I have in my server.xml:

<Realm  className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm" debug="99"
driverName="sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver"
connectionURL="jdbc:odbc:dbname"
userTable="users" userNameCol="userid" userCredCol="password"
userRoleTable="roles" roleNameCol="role" />