tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Miehs <and...@2sheds.de>
Subject Re: Tomcat in a High Traffic Environment
Date Fri, 29 Oct 2004 15:20:18 GMT
Hi Peter,

The load balancer is an F5 and we are doing can do the balancing based
on JSESSIONID. At the moment we are doing persistence based on our own
cookie (Long story).

How did you disable keep-alives? maxKeepAliveRequests="1" ? Doesn't it
make more sense to use keep-alives? And what does tomcat really do with
these keep-alive connections? Does it really keep 1 thread open for
each keep-alive? this seems VERY unnecessary....

Regards

Andrew