tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Chris Bergstresser" <ch...@subtlety.com>
Subject RE: Where do UnavailableExceptions get reported?
Date Mon, 25 Oct 2004 04:17:09 GMT
QM wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 22, 2004 at 06:44:07PM -0400, chris@subtlety.com wrote:
>> ...the message I specified in the exception I
>> threw does not show up -- not in the logs, not when I reload the
>> servlet in the manager, not on the page when I try to run the
>> servlet.  I searched all the available files in the Apache install
>> directory, and it's not in any of them.
>
> What about the logfiles in the Tomcat directory, instead of
> the Apache directory?  Look for files along the lines of
>
> 	catalina.out
> 	tomcat-*.log

   I don't have a separate Apache and Tomcat directory, as far as I can
tell.  I searched through all the files in the Tomcat log directory
(including the .out and .err output logs, and the tomcat logs), and it's not
showing in any of those.  I have found the log announcing my servlet being
marked available and unavailable, but there's no information on the
exception triggering it.  What's going on?

-- Chris