tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "David Wall" <d.w...@computer.org>
Subject Capturing HTML using Tomcat 4
Date Wed, 06 Oct 2004 22:09:47 GMT
I've been looking through archives and such for examples of how to capture
the HTML output from a given JSP programmatically so I can archive or do
other things with that HTML.  For example, we might do this to record the
text of an agreement that was displayed to a user, in which a JSP generated
the agreement HTML page.  The pages may be generated from either HTTP GET or
POST.

It would be nice to perhaps just have a servlet "include" the response from
a JSP, passing along the GET/POST request to that JSP, but then have the
servlet capture the JSP's response in a string for processing/storage.
O'Reilly has a caching servlet that may help, but I was wondering if anybody
had come out with an elegant way to do this.

Thanks,
David