tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Steve Kirk" <tomcat-u...@web-startup.co.uk>
Subject RE: versions 2.3 and 2.4 of web.xml
Date Thu, 07 Oct 2004 15:27:01 GMT

Yoav, I see your point in your previousu post on this thread re 2.3 DTD
still being valid. However what do you think regarding the possible bug
mentioned in my later post below?  (i.e. that a 2.4 feature used in a 2.3
file does not cause an exception, but instead is silently ignored).  The
validation that tomcat does on web.xml is usually very thorough, so this
case seems to be a bit of an anomaly.