tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "David Short" <dsh...@san.rr.com>
Subject RE: tomcat oracle jdbc pooling
Date Mon, 11 Oct 2004 15:31:03 GMT
Take a look here to get the skinny on what's available
(http://www.exciton.cs.rice.edu/JavaResources/Oracle/oracle/jdbc/pool/Oracle
ConnectionCacheImpl.html).  Also, I set the "Setters" in my web.xml file.

<resource-ref> is set in either your server.xml or your
/tomcat/conf/catalina/localhost/webapp.xml file, depending on the version of
Tomcat you're using.

web.xml

<!DOCTYPE web-app
  "http://java.sun.com//dtd/web-app_2_3.dtd">

<web-app>
  <!-- Context parameters for the application -->
  <!--
    thin driver =
<param-value>jdbc:oracle:thin:@ServerNameHere:1521:SIDNameHere</param-value>
    OCI driver = <param-value>jdbc:oracle:oci8:@SIDNameHere</param-value>
  -->
  <context-param>
    <param-name>jdbcURL</param-name>
    <param-value>jdbc:oracle:oci8:@SIDNameHere</param-value>
  </context-param>

  <!--
  Application Account Information Here.
  -->

  <!-- Username -->
  <context-param>
    <param-name>user</param-name>
    <param-value>UserNameHere</param-value>
  </context-param>

  <!-- Password -->
  <context-param>
    <param-name>password</param-name>
    <param-value>PasswordHere</param-value>
  </context-param>

  <!-- Minimum number of database connections to pool -->
  <context-param>
    <param-name>minLimit</param-name>
    <param-value>2</param-value>
  </context-param>

  <!-- Maximum number of database connections to pool -->
  <context-param>
    <param-name>maxLimit</param-name>
    <param-value>50</param-value>
  </context-param>

  <resource-ref>
    <res-ref-name>jdbc/WEBAPPNameHere</res-ref-name>
    <res-auth>Container</res-auth>
  </resource-ref>

</web-app>