tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Andoni <>
Subject DataSourceRealm vs. Administration Tool - A bug?
Date Wed, 13 Oct 2004 12:30:04 GMT

I have just installed Tomcat 4.1.24 and I have it nearly exactly the way I want it now. I
am doing my testing on Windows 2000 and Tomcat 4.1.27.

The only other thing I want to implement is the DataSourceRealm. Here I am having problems
though as I have the Administration Tool set up and therefore had to have the JMX MBeans listeners
in server.xml enabled. These would seem to conflict with the DataSourceRealm though as when
I have both in place I get the error:

java.lang.Exception: ManagedBean is not found with DataSourceRealm

When I remove either one the other works fine so I know the conflict is here.

Is this just something I have to live with? I read the release notes for 4.1.31 and they seem
to suggest that this is not something that has been fixed in a later release. Has it?

My thanks as ever,