tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Steve Kirk" <tomcat-u...@web-startup.co.uk>
Subject RE: [Somewhat OT] Content vs. Programming
Date Fri, 22 Oct 2004 17:49:39 GMT
Sounds like it's a case where using a war file is causing the problem.  I
would drop the war files altogether and just distribute their contents.
That way you can distribute just the bits of the webapp that you have
changed.  Sounds to me like you own the JSP/servlet/config files and they
own the static files.  So they can just ftp the files to the server, and you
copy them to your machine when you need to, but you only ftp back up the
files that you own.

Or another approach is to put all static content in a webserver directory
that is not part of the webapp.  That way it won't be in the war file.  I
know this somewhat defeats the object of a warfile, but you have a situation
here where a compromise is required.