tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Hongsong Zhou" <Hongsong.Z...@UTSouthwestern.edu>
Subject Re: Tomcat 5.5.0 Shared classes does not work
Date Tue, 07 Sep 2004 22:01:54 GMT
I did try jar my classes and put in the jar in shared/lib, still does not work.

>>> remy.maucherat@gmail.com 09/07/04 04:53PM >>>
On Tue, 07 Sep 2004 15:45:08 -0500, Hongsong Zhou
<hongsong.zhou@utsouthwestern.edu> wrote:
> I installed tomcat 5.5.0 and put some classes in
> $CATALINA_HOME$/shared/classes, but when I try to use them in my
> webapps, it always said class not found. I checked classloader document
> at
> http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.5-doc/class-loader-howto.html,
> nothing is wrong. I use these in tomcat 4 and tomcat 5.0.19, all works
> fine.

It's an early alpha build, so I suppose something could be bad with
the initialization of the classloader (it did change: we're now using
a standard URL classloader for that). If you jar your classes and put
the jar in shared/lib, does it work ?

--
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Rémy Maucherat