tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Andreas Schildbach <andr...@schildbach.de>
Subject Re: AW: Tomcat5 and Servlet Timeout: Possible?
Date Tue, 07 Sep 2004 21:21:10 GMT
SH Solutions wrote:

>>So if one thread hangs, it hangs forever.
>>If it blocks other threads, the whole app hangs...
>
> So, yes, if you application has a bug, it has a bug.

Well, unfortunately it is not my application that has this bug, but it
seems to be the JDK: The thread hangs in SocketOutputStream.write0() (a
native method that is called by write()).

> I would NOT want tomcat to kill one of my threads, doing security-relevant
> modifications in some kind of transaction.

What's the problem? Isn't it the whole reason for transactions that the
whole thing completes or not?

Regards,

Andreas