tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Chuck Chopp <chuckch...@rtfmcsi.com>
Subject Re: JSP won't compile
Date Thu, 02 Sep 2004 00:26:29 GMT
OK, things just go weirder.

My struts-based webapp uses a welcome page named "index.jsp", which is
located in the webapp's root folder.

My other JSP files are all located in the subfolder "WEB-INF/form".
According to all of the tutorials I've read, this is a very reasonable thing
to do as it makes the JSP files inaccessible to direct access from a web
browser and requires that an action be executed in order to have a JSP
displayed.

On a whim, I moved all of my JSP files to the root folder of the webapp,
modified the global forwards & actions in struts-config.xml and then rebuilt
the deployment WAR file.  When the updated WAR file was deployed to my
OpenVMS system, it suddenly started working.  If I switch things back to
having my JSP files in the "WEB-INF/form" subfolder then I get the JSP
compilation again for Tomcat on OpenVMS.  However, for Tomcat on WinXP &
NetWare v6.5 there's no problem regardless of where my JSP files are located.

At this point it looks like the Tomcat installation on OpenVMS is having
problems with JSP files not located in the webapp's root folder.

--
Chuck Chopp

ChuckChopp (at) rtfmcsi (dot) com http://www.rtfmcsi.com

RTFM Consulting Services Inc.     864 801 2795 voice & voicemail
103 Autumn Hill Road              864 801 2774 fax
Greer, SC  29651

Do not send me unsolicited commercial email.