tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Chuck Chopp <>
Subject Re: JSP won't compile
Date Wed, 01 Sep 2004 19:38:08 GMT
Wendy Smoak wrote:

> From: "Chuck Chopp" <>
>>That's what I was hoping to do.  I agree, it is all Java so it should be
>>possible to at least drop in the Tomcat v4.1.30 JAR and CLASS files.
> I wouldn't do it that way... I'd drop in a full new Tomcat install and set
> about retrofitting it to start and stop in OpenVMS.  We're also out on the
> fringe with HP-UX, it's just different enough from "normal" Unix to give us
> fits.  But you're almost guaranteed to miss something if you try to
> "upgrade" your Tomcat by dropping things in here and there.

I'll have to examine all of the shell scripts used to startup Tomcat on
OpenVMS and find out exactly what they are doing.  Then maybe I'll be able
to take a newer build of Tomcat and use it from scratch.

Chuck Chopp

ChuckChopp (at) rtfmcsi (dot) com

RTFM Consulting Services Inc.     864 801 2795 voice & voicemail
103 Autumn Hill Road              864 801 2774 fax
Greer, SC  29651

Do not send me unsolicited commercial email.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message