tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Chuck Chopp <chuckch...@rtfmcsi.com>
Subject Re: JSP won't compile
Date Wed, 01 Sep 2004 18:17:23 GMT
Chuck Chopp wrote:

> Wendy Smoak wrote:
>
>> Can you diff the generated index_jsp.java files and see if there are any
>> differences?
>

> I'm in the process of doing that right now.  The quick cursory overview
> didn't show any unpackaged classes, etc..., in the generated Java code
> for the JSP that won't compile.

The "login_jsp.java" files that were generated from "login.jsp" are
identical down to the very last byte on all 3 platforms on which I've
deployed my webapp.

At this point I'm thinking that there's a problem with how the CLASSPATH is
being set in Tomcat when it is building my webapp.  The ClassNotFound
exception would seem to indicate that a necessary class file is not being found.

--
Chuck Chopp

ChuckChopp (at) rtfmcsi (dot) com http://www.rtfmcsi.com

RTFM Consulting Services Inc.     864 801 2795 voice & voicemail
103 Autumn Hill Road              864 801 2774 fax
Greer, SC  29651

Do not send me unsolicited commercial email.