tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Endre StĂžlsvik <En...@Stolsvik.com>
Subject RE: List subscription problem
Date Wed, 22 Sep 2004 12:02:02 GMT
On Tue, 21 Sep 2004, Suzanne wrote:

| Along those same lines, I DID NOT subscribe to this list! I have sent a
| notice to the unsubscribe link more than once and yet I continue to get
| dozens of emails from your group. Any insight on how I may have become
| connected to this list or how to remove my address from your your email
| list????

It might be that someone else in your company (or whatever) have
subscribed a company-internal list that you are on. You thus receive these
mails "indirectly".

Check the headers of the mail (as Yoav suggested), then look for headers
like this:

        by voyager.coretrek.no (Postfix) with SMTP id 4AEE7A8933
        for <Endre@stolsvik.com>; Tue, 21 Sep 2004 20:35:15 +0200 (CEST)

The "for" part (last of those three lines) describes for whom the mail
system received the mail - and might reveal that it isn't to you at all,
but some internal (or external) mailing list.

Endre