tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Endre StĂžlsvik <En...@Stolsvik.com>
Subject RE: Why is Tomcat/Connector Installation So Incredibly Painful??
Date Thu, 09 Sep 2004 09:21:33 GMT

| Well, that's subjective, so I won't argue.  I find it not only elegant,
| but far better than one thread pool for the whole server, but it's a
| matter of stylistic preference.  I'm glad you found a good solution that
| works for you, and as I said before your other argument about the
| server-side redirects is strong and convincing.

As you already have to convince Apache of which server it is, it is just a
matter of stating to your connector which server it is, too (you can
override the connector's assumptions in your connector-definition,
right?).
  Well, for me both arguments are just as convincing. I will probably
stick with mod_jk, even though I always cringe when thinking about the
  It would, however, be great if mod_proxy was extended with some features
that made it "compatible" with Tomcat's requirements - so that both these
arguments vanished. These features would probably be great for many proxy
environments, in particular where the back-end system also is active.

Endre