tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rahul Bhardwaj <>
Subject Multiple Instances of Tomcat5 on SunOS5.8
Date Thu, 16 Sep 2004 14:32:09 GMT

We need to ve multiple instances of Tomcat5 on SunOS5.8.

1.      Can I just ve 2 server.xml with different name and configuration
under single Tomcat installation and then start the Tomcat with -f option
to point to     the specific server.xml.
2.      Or Do I ve to make 2 directory structure for each Tomcat instances
containing all the sub directories/files present in standard installation
        And then modify the server.xml in each instnce ...!!
        Moreover set the CATALINA_BASE in the startup script of each
instance...Is it correct ?
In any case I should be able to run the 2 instances parallely ?

Can anyone help in letting me know the simplest step by step procedure to
do the same.

I 'd appreciate an early reply.

Thanks & regards,