tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Skyler.Bing...@londen-insurance.com
Subject Re: tomcat5 using jsvc in a chroot jail
Date Thu, 02 Sep 2004 23:41:34 GMT

>The system's looking for a file named ".hotspot_compiler" in the current
>dir.  The java command may internally change dirs, though, so you'll
>have to do some more work to figure out where "current dir" is.

I forgot to mention that when java is run outside of the jail, it can't
find this error either.  So whatever is happening directly after this seems
to be the problem.

>If the process hangs, you can check its /proc/{pid} entry for that info
>and more.

Found this info but i'm not sure what to look for (in the zombie's
/proc/{pid} folder, most the files are empty).

>That, and dump strace's output to a file so you can grep for other
>occurences of ".hotspot_compiler"... Maybe it's failing to create a file
>somewhere.

This file is not referenced anywhere else in the strace.

>How did you copy/install the JDK?

I did a recursive cp of all files.

If all the files java needs are present (which may not be the case, but
strace leads me to believe this), do you know of anything else that could
prevent something from running in a chroot.  Could it be a problem specific
to this JDK version (1.4.2_05)?

Thanks so much for you help,

Skyler Bingham
skyler.bingham@londen-insurance.com
(602) 957-1650 x1139

             QM
             <qm300@brandxdev.
             net>                                                       To
                                       Tomcat Users List
             09/02/2004 04:11          <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         Re: tomcat5 using jsvc in a chroot
               "Tomcat Users           jail
                   List"
             <tomcat-user@jaka
              rta.apache.org>

On Thu, Sep 02, 2004 at 03:57:36PM -0700,