tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Benje.Ev...@Regions.com
Subject RE: Application Problem
Date Tue, 14 Sep 2004 13:20:44 GMT
Yoav,

The UserContext.class file is located in
\Tomcat\webapps\ROOT\harweb\WEB-INF\classes\harweb

Benje

"Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shapira@mpi.com>
09/14/2004 08:01 AM
Please respond to
"Tomcat Users List" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>

"Tomcat Users List" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
cc

Subject
RE: Application Problem

Hi,
Tomcat is not finding the class, as this message indicates:

>D:\Tomcat\work\Standalone\localhost\_\harweb\harweb\Home_JSP_jsp.java:7
:
>cannot resolve symbol
>    [javac] symbol  : class UserContext
>    [javac] location: package harweb
>    [javac] import harweb.UserContext;
>    [javac]               ^
>    [javac] 1 error

This is the root cause: the part above is just the invocation layer
wrapper for the exception.

I see you're already importing your UserContext class (good) and that
it's already in a package (good) -- but is the UserContext class
compiled and if so, where is its .class file?

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Research Informatics

invo
>keNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
>                 at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:
480)
> [...]
.jav
>a:174)
>                 at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.
invo
>keNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
>                 at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:
480)
>                 at
>org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
>                 at
>org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:223)
>                 at
>org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:5
94)
>                 at
>org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process
Conn