tomcat-users mailing list archives

Subject performance problem
Date Fri, 17 Sep 2004 19:05:51 GMT
I have an apache/tomcat environment that is experiencing performance

My production environment has apache on one win2k box, and the two tomcat
instances on another win 2k box.

When I load test the my application directly against either of the tomcat
instances, I get about 150 req/s. When I test with apache in front, I get
10 req/s. This was with apache server temporarily placed on same network
segment as tomcat box.

I recreated the production setup on a couple of developer workstations
(slightly slower hardware than the production environment), and got > 70

Apache and tomcat conf files are essentially identical in both

Does anyone have any clues?