tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Thomas Nybro Bolding" <thomas.bold...@danskebank.dk>
Subject Vedr.: Problem when using TAGLIB in JSP
Date Mon, 06 Sep 2004 13:56:04 GMT
Assuming you are using 1.4 or higher your classes have to be in packages -
see for instance this thread
http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jsp?thread=536889&forum=33&message=2596508

/Thomas

jlonc@gi-bon.sk
06-09-2004 15:24
Besvar venligst til "Tomcat Users List"

        Til:    tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
        cc:
        Vedr.:  Problem when using TAGLIB in JSP

hi.

i have two classes:
"MyClass" and "test.MyClass" (they are totally the same and one of them is

a member of package "test")

i use them as tagclasses (taglib.tld):
<!DOCTYPE taglib
        PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD JSP Tag Library 1.1//EN"
        "http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-jsptaglibrary_1_1.dtd">
<taglib>
  <tlibversion>1.1</tlibversion>
  <jspversion>1.1</jspversion>
  <shortname></shortname>
  <tag>
    <name>my_tag</name>
    <tagclass>MyClass</tagclass>  <--- (for the second class it's
"test.MyClass")
    <bodycontent>JSP</bodycontent>
    <info>
        test  tag
    </info>
    <attribute>
      <name>name</name>
      <required>false</required>
      <rtexprvalue>false</rtexprvalue>
    </attribute>
 </tag>
</taglib>

content of "web.xml":
<!DOCTYPE web-app PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application
2.2//EN" "http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-app_2_2.dtd">
<web-app>
   <display-name>test_MY</display-name>
        <taglib>
          <taglib-uri>tlt</taglib-uri>
          <taglib-location>/WEB-INF/taglib.tld</taglib-location>
        </taglib>
</web-app>

and the "index.jsp" is:
<%@ taglib uri="tlt" prefix="tlt" %>
        <head>
                <title>Organization</title>
        </head>
                <tlt:my_tag>
                </tlt:my_tag>

variant with "test.MyClass" works without problems, but the packageless
one generates this error/exception:

An error occurred at line: 11 in the jsp file: /index.jsp
Generated servlet error:
C:\Tomcat5\work\Catalina\localhost\test_my\org\apache\jsp\index_jsp.java:91:

cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class MyClass
location: class org.apache.jsp.index_jsp
    MyClass _jspx_th_tlt_my_tag_0 = (MyClass)
_jspx_tagPool_tlt_my_tag.get(MyClass.class);
    ^

An error occurred at line: 11 in the jsp file: /index.jsp
Generated servlet error:
C:\Tomcat5\work\Catalina\localhost\test_my\org\apache\jsp\index_jsp.java:91:

cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class MyClass
location: class org.apache.jsp.index_jsp
    MyClass _jspx_th_tlt_my_tag_0 = (MyClass)
_jspx_tagPool_tlt_my_tag.get(MyClass.class);
                                     ^

An error occurred at line: 11 in the jsp file: /index.jsp
Generated servlet error:
C:\Tomcat5\work\Catalina\localhost\test_my\org\apache\jsp\index_jsp.java:91:

cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class MyClass
location: class org.apache.jsp.index_jsp
    MyClass _jspx_th_tlt_my_tag_0 = (MyClass)
_jspx_tagPool_tlt_my_tag.get(MyClass.class);
 ^
3 errors

org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.javacError(DefaultErrorHandler.java:84)

org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.javacError(ErrorDispatcher.java:332)
 org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.generateClass(Compiler.java:412)
        org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:472)
        org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:451)
        org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:439)

org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(JspCompilationContext.java:511)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:295)
 org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:292)
        org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:236)

my tomcat's version: 5.0.28

i don't know what could be the problem...

any ideas?

Best regards,
Juraj Lonc

<FONT SIZE=1 FACE="Arial">_______________
Vi goer opmaerksom paa, at denne e-mail kan indeholde fortrolig information. Hvis du ved en
fejltagelse modtager e-mailen, beder vi dig venligst informere afsender om fejlen ved at bruge
svar-funktionen. Samtidig beder vi dig slette e-mailen i dit system uden at videresende eller
kopiere den.
Selv om e-mailen og ethvert vedhaeftet bilag efter vores overbevisning er fri for virus og
andre fejl, som kan paavirke computeren eller it-systemet, hvori den modtages og laeses, aabnes
den paa modtagerens eget ansvar. Vi paatager os ikke noget ansvar for tab og skade, som er
opstaaet i forbindelse med at modtage og bruge e-mailen.
Please note that this message may contain confidential information. If you have received this
message by mistake, please inform the sender of the mistake by sending a reply, then delete
the message from your system without making, distributing or retaining any copies of it.
Although we believe that the message and any attachments are free from viruses and other errors
that might affect the computer or IT system where it is received and read, the recipient opens
the message at his or her own risk. We assume no responsibility for any loss or damage arising
from the receipt or use of this message.
</FONT>