tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Daxin Zuo" <d...@techexcel.com>
Subject How to make Apache direct Servlet to Tomcat
Date Fri, 01 Oct 2004 17:38:08 GMT
On my Apache 2.0.43 + Tomcat5.0.28 on UNIX sparc, I can run the same JSP
files from both Apache and Tomcat, and run servlets on Tomcat, but I cannot
run Servlet from Apache.
I register the servlet in tomcat/webapps/www/WEB-INF/web.xml:
    <servlet>
         <servlet-name>ServletTest</servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>ServletTest</servlet-class>
    </servlet>
    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>ServletTest</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/ServletTest</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

/www is the DocBase.
The error message on the screen is: /ServletTest was not found on this
server.
>From the Apache error log, I see Apache looked for the file in Apache htdocs
folder, instead pass the request to Tomcat.

When I start Tomcat I get some errors. The are probably not related to the
problem above. the errors are:
1) in catalina.out
INFO: Installing web application at context path /balancer from URL
file:/usr/local/apache2/jakarta-tomcat-5.0.28/webapps/balancer
Oct 1, 2004 10:14:50 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
SEVERE: Error filterStart
Oct 1, 2004 10:14:50 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
SEVERE: Context startup failed due to previous errors

2) in localhost_log.2004-10-01.txt
2004-10-01 10:14:50 StandardContext[/balancer]Exception starting filter
BalancerFilter
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/digester/Digester
        at
org.apache.webapp.balancer.RulesParser.createDigester(RulesParser.java:65)

Please help me with the servlet problem.