tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Phillip Qin <Phillip....@shareowner.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat cgi NPH support
Date Tue, 28 Sep 2004 19:39:36 GMT
Yeah, it's header and in CGIServlet doc, Support for setting headers (for
example, Location headers don't work) is on the TODO list.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Thomas [mailto:markt@apache.org]
Sent: September 28, 2004 2:37 PM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: RE: Tomcat cgi NPH support

From: Phillip Qin [mailto:Phillip.Qin@shareowner.com]
> I am curious why NPH support is so difficult to implement in
> CgiServlet?

Just because something isn't done, it doesn't necessarily mean it is
difficult. A number of 'extra' servlets provided with Tomcat (CGI, webDAV,
etc) are not 100% complete. It all comes down to who wants/needs to do the
development for the bits that are missing.

> Is is OK that I simply add a conditional check, i.e. if line contains
> HTTP/1.1 302 then setStatus(302)?

That sounds like parsing the header to me. Given "NPN"="Non-parsed headers"
that doesn't feel right. I had always assumed that NPN support would involve
passing the output from the script directly to the client but haven't really
given it any great amount of thought.

As ever, patches are always welome ;)

Mark