tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Steffen Heil" <li...@steffen-heil.de>
Subject AW: Servlet mapping problem
Date Wed, 29 Sep 2004 13:24:24 GMT
Hi

> No.  You're mistaking the default configuration for something that's
hard-coded.  Out of the box, "/" is mapped to Tomcat's DefaultServlet, which
handles static content.  This is routine for other containers as well and is
not a particular Tomcat trick.

No, I did understand this.
However, I think the original poster wanted to archieve, what I had to do
once:
To KEEP the default servlet mapping for all my html, js and css files and
additionally have a servlet that get's ONLY called for the domain root "/".

This works as I described, with the trick of using welcome file and (at
least for some older versions) an empty file.

There is direct no way to map "/". In the sense of what I want to archieve,
not in the sense of the specification, that "/" means default.

Regards,
  Steffen