tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Steffen Heil" <li...@steffen-heil.de>
Subject AW: Servlet mapping problem
Date Wed, 29 Sep 2004 12:55:15 GMT
Hi

> > You cannot map a single url. Tomcat only maps prefixes.

> Really?  Where did this nugget come from? ;)  I nearly choked on my
(otherwise fabulous) croissant.  Your assertion above is wrong.  Tomcat
implements servlet mapping exactly as required by the Servlet Specification
(SRV 11).  That includes path, extension, and default mappings.  That also
includes specific handling of the / mapping (which is valid and is used in
Tomcat all the time, usually without the user being aware of it).

Okay, I am sorry, my sentence may be wrong, I agree.
However, I am sure about the fact, that you cannot map a single url such as
"/".
(Yes, you can define a mapping of "/", but that maps to EVERY request, NOT
to the root url only.)

Regards,
  Steffen