tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Steffen Heil" <li...@steffen-heil.de>
Subject AW: How can I deploy 2 tomcat and work on both of them at the same time?
Date Wed, 29 Sep 2004 09:50:11 GMT
Hi

> I have tomcat jakarta-tomcat-5.0.19 installed on my machine under /opt
Now, I have installed another tomcat (same version) under another root
directory.
> I need to have two versions working at the same time. Under one, I will
have a client web version and under the other one, my test version. Both can
be working at the same time but I can't manage to make it running.

Make a copy of you working version, correct all paths in configuration files
and adjust listening port in the connector as well as the engine's shutdown
port.
Then you can start both at the same time.

(Things tend to get more complicated, if this is a windows machine and you
want to start both as service. But that is indeed no good idea. Run the
productive system as service, but the test system by "catalina.bat run".)

Regards,
  Steffen