tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bachler, Elisabeth (Elisabeth)" <>
Subject RE: How can I deploy 2 tomcat and work on both of them at the sam e time?
Date Wed, 29 Sep 2004 10:01:16 GMT
Could you tell me where I could find the "engine's shutdown port"? Which
paths in config files are supposed to be modified?
Actually, I have not made a copy of my current working version but I
installed another tomcat (same version) in another directory.

-----Original Message-----
From: Steffen Heil []
Sent: miercoles, 29 de septiembre de 2004 11:50
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: AW: How can I deploy 2 tomcat and work on both of them at the
same time?

> I have tomcat jakarta-tomcat-5.0.19 installed on my machine under /opt
Now, I have installed another tomcat (same version) under another root
> I need to have two versions working at the same time. Under one, I will
have a client web version and under the other one, my test version. Both can
be working at the same time but I can't manage to make it running.

Make a copy of you working version, correct all paths in configuration files
and adjust listening port in the connector as well as the engine's shutdown
Then you can start both at the same time.

(Things tend to get more complicated, if this is a windows machine and you
want to start both as service. But that is indeed no good idea. Run the
productive system as service, but the test system by "catalina.bat run".)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message