tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rob van Oostrum" <rob.vanoost...@blastradius.com>
Subject cluster FarmWarDeployer
Date Fri, 17 Sep 2004 20:51:11 GMT
I have a Deployer set up like so:

            <Deployer className="org.apache.catalina.cluster.deploy.FarmWarDeployer"
                      tempDir="/home/apache/temp/"
                      deployDir="/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-5.0.27/webapps/"
                      watchDir="/home/apache/watch/"
                      watchEnabled="true" />

There's 2 other nodes in the cluster. The server.xml for those 2 doesn't contain this element
(should it?).

When I drop a war-file (enroll.war) into the watch directory, it gets picked up and deployed
to that node, but the following error shows up in catalina.out and there's no deployment to
the other 2 nodes (and nothing in their logs):

*** BEGIN
INFO: Installing web application at context path /enroll from URL file:/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-5.0.27/webapps/enroll.war
Sep 17, 2004 2:08:55 PM org.apache.catalina.cluster.deploy.FarmWarDeployer fileModified
SEVERE: Unable to install WAR file
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Context path /enroll must match the directory or WAR file
name: enroll.war
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostDeployer.install(StandardHostDeployer.java:250)
        at org.apache.catalina.cluster.deploy.FarmWarDeployer.install(FarmWarDeployer.java:196)
        at org.apache.catalina.cluster.deploy.FarmWarDeployer.fileModified(FarmWarDeployer.java:261)
        at org.apache.catalina.cluster.deploy.WarWatcher.run(WarWatcher.java:93)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)
Sep 17, 2004 2:08:59 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostDeployer install
INFO: Installing web application at context path /enroll from URL file:/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-5.0.27/webapps/enroll

Creating ClusterManager for context /enroll using class org.apache.catalina.cluster.session.DeltaManager
*** END

I tried searching the web and the archives for this list but no luck finding anything informative.
How should this be setup? My 3 instances run on 3 different machines. The cluster itself seems
to run fine (I get member added/disappeared log messages and no errors).

All this is running on Red Hat Enterprise / JDK 1.4.2_03-b02 / Tomcat 5.0.27

thanks
Rob