tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Stuart Hynd" <softstu...@hotmail.com>
Subject content-type problem with mod-jk
Date Wed, 01 Sep 2004 08:45:26 GMT
The content-type header field in an http response from a servlet running in
tomcat but delivered through mod-jk appears to be defined by the apache mime
type and extension configuration.

If a servlet sets the content type then the value is not reflected in the
response when using mod-jk.

This means that the same servlet will behave differently if delivered
through mod-jk or tomcat directly, and that servlets cannot be written that
will accept arbitrary extensions in the http request if mod-jk is to be used
to deliver them.

This may be a bug or it may be a configuration issue with my hosting
provider. If it is a configuration issue then please tell me what they have
configure and I wil let them know.

If mod-jk issues should be listed elsewhere the let me know and I will post
appropriately.

Regards,

Stuart.