tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Antony Paul" <antonypau...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: [OT]Geronimo and Tomcat
Date Tue, 28 Sep 2004 14:28:26 GMT
Thanks for the efforts. I am a great fan of Tomcat and other Apache
projects.

rgds
Antony Paul

----- Original Message -----
From: "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shapira@mpi.com>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, September 28, 2004 6:15 PM
Subject: RE: [OT]Geronimo and Tomcat

Hi,
If you look at the mailing list threads for tomcat-dev and Geronimo-dev
regarding Tomcat integration, you'd see me getting on their case ;)
They being the Geronimo dev team.  They've been very responsive and
helpful now that the 1.0 release is nearing.

So we're working on it, and have made significant progress in the past
two weeks.  You can use Tomcat within Geronimo now properly (i.e. via a
GBean, the Geronimo Way), for simple use-cases.  There's still no
JAAS/JACC integration, only limited JSR77 integration, and no ability
yet for Tomcat to participate in wider Geronimo transactions.  And all
of this stuff is NOT in Geronimo 1.0M2: it's in the repository if you
want to build Geronimo yourself, and it will be in the next milestone
release.  The status is being tracked at
http://wiki.apache.org/geronimo/Tomcat.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Research Informatics

sender.  Thank you.