tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Antony Paul" <antonypau...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Serializable Logging implementation
Date Wed, 15 Sep 2004 13:04:04 GMT
Then it throws NullPointerException

rgds
Antony Paul

----- Original Message -----
From: "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shapira@mpi.com>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, September 15, 2004 6:05 PM
Subject: RE: Serializable Logging implementation

Hi,
Hmm, you want to be careful with this pattern.  I like the private
static one for Loggers -- there are very good reasons it's the
recommended pattern (by log4j, by the java.util.logging folks) and the
one that's used (by Tomcat and most other serious apps I know of).

If you really want to stick with your "base class gets the logger"
pattern, consider marking it as transient.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Research Informatics

sender.  Thank you.