tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Willy Lin <Wil...@apexlearning.com>
Subject RE: Need help for case insensitive deployment
Date Wed, 29 Sep 2004 23:44:54 GMT
Hi Wendy:

	Thanks for your tip.  That was it.  I had to use <Resources ...>
instead of <Resource ...>.  I also had to play with the directory structure
somewhat to get everything to work.  Here is the final context that I had
for my application.

	<Context path="/BBS" docBase="BBS" debug="0" privileged="true">
		<Resources name =""
type="org.apache.naming.resources.FileDirContext"
			caseSensitive="false" cached="true" />
	</Context>

	Here is a few things that I learned.

	1.  I can't have a docBase in <Resources..>.  Tomcat is using the
docBase from <Context..> not matter what I do.

	2.  The docBase in <Context...> is using the appBase in <Host..> as
its root directory.  In my case, it is "~tomcat/webapps/".  When the same
docBase is used by the <Resources..>, the root path is switched to
"~tomcat/".  This caused some problem.  I had to create an empty directory
of "~tomcat/BBS" in order for my application to deploy.  The actual files
for the application is still in "~tomcat/webapps/BBS".

	3.  No longer able to use file resources from remote server.  In the
past I was able to set docBase to "//host1/dir1".

	It is quirky, but it is working now.  May be things are better in
Tomcat 5.0.  Thank you for your help.

Willy